Sunday, July 22, 2007

John hone from Cape Cod, Anna's gone on to Seoul

This is just a quick note. We spent a wonderful week on Cape Cod, at the beautiful home of our friends Steve and Helen, on Scraggy Neck, near Catawmet. I sat on the deck, enjoying the sun and the breeze in the trees and the crash of the waves on the beach a few hundred feet away. One afternoon Steve and Helen and I went out in the boat for 45 minutes or so; another day Anna a and I drove down the Cape to Truro and my favorite beach, Fisher Beach (on Fisher Road, of c course), and then to our favorite restaurant, the Brewster Fish House in-- you guessed it-- Brewster. Yum. We didn't stay long at the beach-- we were both nade nervous by the fact that *as we realized when we were almost there) we didn't have a Town of Truro parking permit and dogs weren't allowed till after 6:00... We went anyway, Anna parking briefly in a handicapped parking space and allowing me to go on ahead. The walk up the slight incline and down again wore both me and Dillon completely out. I just don't have the strength yet. But I was delighted to be there.
Anna and I (and Steve) traveled back together as far as Atlanta; then I stayed on the plane, wich was going on to Austin (thanks tobrilliant arrangements by Steve!!)while Anna and Steve and another colleague went on to Seoul. She'll be back on Saturday, and I miss her.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home